Suggestions for revival of India. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-sV
One World, One People, One Economy by sharing Universal Resources and its equitable distribution as Universal Basic Income by Unuversally Governments Operate Money as Commodity.
Excerpts from my blog “The bitter pills for India reprieve” that I wrote to all concerned in Government and INC in May 2004. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-5I
Hurried growth will further widen the Rich – Poor gap. Slow and steady growth till poverty is fully eradicated is the way to go.
1. Have control on Gold import. Take over gold from private individuals, religious bodies, at market price against fully convertible bonds, auction it out to buyers in dollar, use the money for infrastructure projects.
2. Sell out idling and excess lands and properties under various PSU’s, Railways, DOT/BSNL/MTNL/VSNL and use the money for urgently needed infrastructure.
3. Implement technology solutions that can enable universal money management using phones to enable Financial inclusion of people in the lower economic strata. Please see my blogs:
ii. Phones can save fuel, time and efforts, space and reduce cost of printing money. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-8j
iii. Universal Money Management by Phones for Financial inclusion, mCommerce and mGovernance. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-ht
iv. Universal Money Management by Phone. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-p9
4. Scrap all subsidies for all those who can afford without it.
Give money to eligible ones using Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) method in lieu of Public Distribution System (PDS) and remove problem riddled PDS, progressively. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-rP
5. Give priority for infrastructure development in all sectors.
Government should give top priority for infrastructure development in Power, Roads, Railways, Water resources, Telecom, IT and other sectors.
6. Ensure people participation in all nation building processes.
Reorganize MNREGA accordingly. Please see my blog “The bitter pills for India reprieve” http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-5I
7. Explore and use local resources: Export of basic resources like iron ore, coir yarn, rubber, and all other natural resources should be banned.
Allow the mass to continue to stay and prosper in own villages. Instead of running away to crowded cities, the local population shall be encouraged to stay in the units in their own villages, by providing them, basic amenities, with the objective of utilizing the trained mass for the rural development projects in local area.
8. Rural development shall be the common responsibility. In case of Telecom, TV and other such technology, it shall be made mandatory for all Service providers licensed to form a consortia to set up common system and networks and share them to provide service to the rural mass such as using the principle of Virtual Mobile Network using one network by many service providers to make Rural Telecom and IP services available, accessible and affordable to common man.Infrastructure development projects through PPP.
Private Public Partnership is the way out as being propagated by economists. However, parting with all profit making PSUs will only add the woes of the government.
The best way to realize effective PPP is by Government owning some amount of stake (say 10%), in all Private Companies (say above capital outlay of 1000 Cr.) in the country so that the profit earned could be diverted to development needs, keeping t9. he budgetary deficit low without undue increase in Duties and Taxes.
9. Government also should enter share market trading by setting up a financial company like IFCI, so as to take advantage of market appreciation instead of allowing FIs to siphon out the investment of Indian share holders by unscrupulous maneuvering the money market.
Reduce direct TAX and duties on essential commodities so that price of these items could be kept down.
10. Stop politicizing set backs and anomalies creep into the system inadvertently or otherwise, as it can stall hamper progress and growth. Typical examples are:-
i. 2G scam – ‘Much-a-do-about-nothing’. Government policies on Telecom shall be growth oriented and people centric and not money centric. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-jy
ii. The never ending Telecom muddle in India. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-gG
11. Put back system of governance back on rail:
Deviation from the right process of governance is the reason for most our woes. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-cV
12. Find practical and effective ways to prevent aggression on women & weak. Prevention is always preferable.
i) Tech based Emergency support Systems, Solutions and Services. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-ng
ii) Identification and rehabilitation of the vandals is the way out.
Bio science is the way to make a positive change in human behavior. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-2a
iii) Ensure rightful participation of women in every field. If women want to become equal to men, they should behave and act as equals and fight and get 50% representation, win elections and become rule makers.
P. Abraham Paul. firstname.lastname@example.org Tweet @PA_Paul