http://www.carolpaiv… on UNIVERSALLY GOVERNMENTS OPERAT… topwritingreviews.de… on UNIVERSALLY GOVERNMENTS OPERAT… papaulsblog on Digital India: Views, Opinions… papaulsblog on Money through Mobile (mTm) for… Marti on Net Neutrality without hurting…
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- July 2016
- May 2016
- February 2016
- October 2015
- September 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- September 2014
- June 2014
- January 2014
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- Health and Hygene
- Humanity and Religion
- Ideas for start ups.
- Inclusive Growth, Cashless Society, Tax free regimes, Eradication of Corruption and Black Money, Contol on Terrorism – in one go.
- IT based services
- Life science technologies
- Mobile through Mobile (mTm)
- Money as a Commodity
- Money through Mobile (mTm)
- Personal messages and other
- Politics & Governance
- safety & security
- Social and Community affairs
- Telecom Networking
- Telecom Technology
- Universally Goverments Using Their Money as Commodity (#UGOMAC)
- Universally Goverments Using Their Money as Commodity (UGUTMAC)
- Universally Governments Operating Money as Commodity
Short link: http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-VA
Abraham Paul P. Dated 28 September, 2016.
Of late, there have been bitter disputes between incumbent Mobile Telecom Providers in India versus a new entrant. As someone in the field for over 60 years doing Planning & Implementation of right from Magneto to most modern Digital systems I would like to mention few points for the kind notice of Government, Regulators, Telecom Service Providers, its federation heads, Internet Service Providers, the Inter-country Cable & Satellite operators and the Media.
Please see link below for this article in full with explanatory diagrams:
Microsoft’s or spoil disputers_r_-1
- In a saturated topography with presence of far too many Telecom Service Providers in India, demand for new Telephone connections (both Fixed & Mobile) as of now is far less than ready to supply; except perhaps in green fields predominantly in some rural and many remote areas.
- According to fundamentals of Telephony, in a topography setup as mentioned above, the volume of Telephone connections as well as the volume and pattern of Telephone Call Traffic (originating & terminating) continues to remain more or less same with one or many new entrants come into operation even if they are able to poach considerably large volume of subscribers from incumbents; with advanced features, products, attractive plans and cut throat Tariff-ing.
- However, when subscribers of an existing operator moves to a new operator in a service area the intra exchange traffic become less and roamoing traffic increases to that extent needing more interconnects to the roaming hub. Therefore, exinsting operators are compelled to add more junction interface equipment and junction circuits to the Roaming hub.
- The question arise is who will expand the Roaming hub with additional junction equipment and the switching path and share cost of additional circuits making the inter connectivity issue significant, as to who owns the Roaming hub, may be a consortium of operators. It does fit into apprprate business cas as exinsting have incurr cost fot added connectivity while suffer loss of revenure due to lessened volume of subcribers. Government /TRAI need to look up at these issues as who will bell the cat. Surprisingly neither the DOT, the TRAI, nor the warring TELCOS / COAI, the Technical experts and the ever vociferant Media guys thought it relevant though obviously enough things cannot go on like this, anymore.
5. Previously DOT owned the Transit & G/W systems. The question is who will bring in these in the PLMN space?
Three options are:
1. DOT to get it done by BSNL corporation. It can be a good business diversification to earn additional revenue from interconnect charges.
The interconnect interfaces and through connects shall be IP based to provide all types of junction circuits Voice, Data and Multimedia of contemporary and future networks.
2. A Consortium of TSPs to set it up.
3. Give fresh license to existing or new service provider exclusively for this purpose.
4. Last but not the least is the technology part.
Please see my compilation on a layman idea about “POTs to 4G and beyond” in the link wp.me/p1ZsI2-5Y
The type and technology of the Systems, Network and mode of Transport unlike the VOICE call Transit & G/W systems are much different and ever changing in wireless Telephone arena and that too need a combination of all till the entire Telephony comprising PSTN and PSPDN become IP based. We are at the threshold of VoLTE enabled LTE solutions for handle Voice and all sorts of Data and Multimedia communication needs.
However, these can happen practically in the field only with commensurate eco system and improvement of knowledge level of common mass that constitute a greater part of the consumers as of today. Even so, a workable version of Transit exchanges and Gateways capable of handling all these shall be in place. One way is to resolve this is to have Interface equipment at POI in every Local exchange shall be capable converting and switching all modes of call element into a common protocol of PSPDN and switch it through Transit and Gateways. Due to above reasons, every local system shall only be connected to nearby Transit Systems by default, not with other Local exchanges even within the City or Service area.
- Revenue generation by the transit & Gateway system operators. There are billing arrangement in the Transit and Gateway systems and transit calls of different modes are appropriately measured, billed and charged and apportioned according to usage by various TSPs/ ISPs etc. As mentioned earlier, due to technical and commercial reasons and to avoid duplicate charging at different transit points every local system shall only be connected to nearby Transit Systems by default, not with other Local exchanges even within the City or Service area.
- Responsibility to provide enough Interface equipment within the system and at the POIs in the Roaming Gateways according to traffic rest with the Gateway system provider. It shall be also their responsibility to upgrade their changes happening in the Technology including possible transit methods using Cloud Computing.
Whatever be the reasons and arguments for and against delays and disparities in decision makings about Service area, License, Spectrum, Interconnectivity and Technology, there is an urgent need to look at the basic fundamentals of Telephony. It is only surmising how about one billion consumers a Wireless Telephony business India could go on without ensuring appropriate and adequate topography.
It is astounding to watch big arguments about “Free basics”, “OTT Players” “Net Neutrality” All such questions arise as the stakeholders involved do not care to look in the basic fundamentals of Telephony Viz: Does Private industries like Google etc., foraying into Telephony business as OTT and else come under the definitions of “Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)” that include PLMN and PSPDN?
It leads to a most relevant question whether World Wide Web (www) that interconnects millions of private servers (that are like Private Branch Exchanges) that do not adhere any norms and rules of full time availability and traffic parameters come under the foray of PSTN.
May be I am the only person in the World ask this question, but unless it is given serious consideration, the legacy Telecom Industry will end up in a grinding halt. I know it meaningless to point fingers at things that are in vogue unless I have better ideas and ways to resolve it. My view is that the above described problems creped in disrupting the rightful area of PSTN, inadvertently or else, can be resolved by adopting CLOUD computing technology segregating and safeguarding “INTERNET’ services in PSTN from the World Wide Web. The future will be CLOUDS and CLOUD computing and with that it is possible to segregate PSTN which includes PSPDN and INTERNET that inter connect it regionally as well as across the world can be protected from the World Wide Web access to it will be according rules and regulation of PSTN. Please see the picture below explaining the idea contained in my proposal of segregating and protecting INTERNET for PSTN from World Wide Web.
Author: Abraham Paul. P. Owner FCOMNET. Ex V.P Technical Sales, SPCNL / Director TRG, TS & SC SIEMENS ICN / G.M & SMT Telecom Business Group, BPL Mobile India / TES (I) DOT India.
Please see my other blogs on related topics:
- Impact of transition from Voice to Data & Multimedia http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-23
2. Make Telecom Systems, network, Phones, product and services for the common man. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-9i
3. Digital India: Views, opinions, and new proposals on various Technology & Social and Community affairs. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-J5
4. Telecom Industrialists need caution on broad band network ideas that do not fit in the future. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-4s
5. Net Neutrality without hurting Telcos and End users. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-ES
6. Exclusively banked Universal Money management using phones. http://wp.me/p1ZsI2-4g